You can quickly set up your work-at-home office with a few simple tools. All you need is a well-lit space and an Internet connection.
In addition to a comfortable place in your apartment, set an area that you can dedicate time to working at home.
Set Up Your Work from Home Office
Perhaps, you already have a desk or table that you can set up your laptop or computer. That is an excellent start.
- At your desk, you might want essential items like your cell phone, schedule, a favorite beverage like water or coffee, and motivational quotes.
- Also, create a routine that you can successfully follow.
- For instance, if you know that you will have many virtual meetings, block out time for working.
- Of course, treat your work-at-home office the same as a physical location.
- By following a routine, your brain will adjust to a new place and keep you productive.
As well as maintaining a routine, minimize distractions. While you are at home, you might want to watch television or chat on social media.
However, these distractions deter your motivation and hinder your productivity. Instead, take a moment to meet others over virtual coffee breaks.
Virtual Coffee Breaks
Chatting with friends and coworkers is an ideal way to give your brain a break.
To increase your productivity when you work from home, schedule virtual coffee chats.
- These virtual chats are as simple as using your cell phone or video on your computer.
- Start by sending coworkers or friends an invitation when you would like to talk via email or text.
- Then, you come together to talk about the events of the days over a favorite beverage.
Remarkably, you can also use apps or social media live events for online chats. In this way, a five-minute conversation can boost your mood and increase your creativity.
After that, you can feel more accomplished and renewed. By the end of the day, you will feel better that you talked to another human and not feel isolated.
Also, dedicate a time to end your work-at-home day with a positive reflection. Jot down your thoughts on a journal or listen to your favorite motivational podcast.
Implement Exercise Routine
End the work at home day with a relaxation routine. Perhaps, exercise may not be the ideal choice. However, consider other ways to relax.
If you’re fortunate to walk your pet, take 15-20 minutes to go for a walk. You might also want to look for videos for 5-10 minutes of yoga or breathing exercise.
While these tips can encourage you to stay motivated, seek out friends and family virtually. In that case, you keep in touch with those around you.